Homemade Mother’s Day Gifts
Mother’s Day is quickly approaching and I’m starting to see so many advertisements for gifts.
As a mom, however, I know that sometimes the simplest things are the best ones. I’d rather have my loved ones spend time actually thinking of me instead of buying a gift because they feel they have to.
One of my favorite things to do for the amazing women in my life is to make them a homemade beauty box. These boxes contain custom beauty items intended to pamper and relax. They show thoughtfulness and are always received with delight!
DIY Beauty Box for Mothers
Inside the box, I’ll include a few extra items like emery boards, a good book, and some herbal teas. This will allow Mom to have a full day/evening of relaxation and pampering.
Now on to some recipes. You can mix these up with different essential oils to suit your intended recipient or you can stick with my suggestions. Either way, these will be sure to please whomever you give them to.
Lavender Sugar Scrub
This scrub is perfect for the entire body. It will help smooth away dry skin and leave you feeling moisturized and clean.
- 1 cup refined white sugar (finally, a good use for refined sugar!)
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil (find organic sweet almond oil here)
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (find 100% pure organic lavender EO here)
- 2 Tbsp dried lavender flowers, optional (find organic dried lavender flowers here)
- Combine sugar and sweet almond oil in a mason jar.
- Stir in lavender essential oil and lavender flowers.
*Stir well before each use as the oil may rise to the top. For more variations check out these 50 Sugar Scrub Recipes
Rose Whipped Body Butter
Body butters are easily meltable, very spreadable lotions. Your location will determine how hard or soft you will need to make your lotion as coconut oil melts at temperatures above 76 °F. If your body butter melts, no fear. Just place it in the refrigerator and it will harden. If you live in a warm climate, you may want to keep this refrigerated at all times.
- 1 cup coconut oil (find unrefined organic coconut oil here)
- 1 cup shea butter (find unrefined organic shea butter here)
- 8 drops rose absolute (find rose absolute here)
- Melt coconut oil and shea butter in a small bowl and allow the oils to cool slightly.
- Add to the bowl of a standing mixer with the whisk attachment on. Mix until the oils have a whipped cream-like consistency (this step could take 1-2 hours).
- Add 8 drops of rose absolute and whip for another 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon into mason jars and tie with a pretty bow.
Lemon Peppermint Bath Salts
I love to relax with this recipe. It is invigorating, cooling, and will leave mom in a relaxed state. 1-2 tablespoons are all that is needed for a sweet smelling aromatic bath. As always, be careful using peppermint essential oil. It is very strong, so less is more.
- ½ cup fine sea salt
- 1 cup Epsom salt (find Epsom salt here)
- 15 drops lemon essential oil (find 100% pure essential oils here)
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- Mix sea salt and Epsom salt together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in essential oils.
- Scoop bath salts into a mason jar and tie on a measuring spoon with a cute bow.
Citrus Body Spray
- 2 oz. filtered water (find the best water purification systems here)
- 10 drops lemon essential oil (find this and all the following EOs here)
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- 15 drops lime essential oil
- 5 Drops grapefruit essential oil
- Add essential oils into a 2 oz. spray bottle.
- Pour in water using a funnel.
- Cap and shake well.
Once you’ve made all of these recipes, you can package them up in a cute box and deliver them to your favorite mother. She will be delighted at your thoughtfulness and will have many hours of pampering ahead of her.
What about you? Are you planning any special DIY gifts for your mother? Share with us below!