Homemade Aphid Spray to Get Rid of Aphids
Yield 16 ounces
- Combine essential oils and natural liquid soap in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Pour soap mixture into 16-ounce spray bottle.
- Fill the remainder of the way with distilled water, leaving a little room to shake the solution.
- Cap and shake gently to combine.
- Spray a test patch on one leaf or a small section of leaves. Let sit for several hours and check to see how the spray affects the leaves.
- If the leaves look fine after 6-12 hours, proceed to spray entire plant with the aphid spray. Make sure to spray under leaves, on the base of the plant, and cover all surfaces.
- If aphids return, repeat spray in several days.
Since this spray does not have a preservative, I only recommend keeping it on hand for a couple weeks before making a new batch.
To make a neem oil spray for aphids simply mix 1 tsp of neem oil and 1/2 tsp of liquid dish soap to 1 quart of water.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/how-to-get-rid-of-aphids/