How to Make the Detergent
For visual leaners, like myself, enjoy these pictorial instructions.
1. Start with these 5 ingredients:
2. Begin with 1 cup of borax:
3. Add 1 cup of washing soda:
4. Add 1/2 cup of citric acid (double for hard water):
5. Add 1/2 cup of kosher salt:
6. Put the lid on and shake it up good:
7. Use 1 Tablespoon per load:
8. Fill “Rinse Aid” compartment with white vinegar:
(You can also add lemon juice as a rinse agent)
Use 1 Tbsp per load (you can use a heaping tablespoon if you feel the need, but we do not).
Note: No time or desire to make your own dishwasher detergent? You can always purchase natural brands like these.
Continue reading page 3 for tips to avoid clumping, cost savings breakdown, and borax safety.