DIY Wedding Favors
Weddings are all about people coming together and sharing the day as family and friends. Many couples like to send guests home with a little something to commemorate the special occasion.
I’ve recently had many requests from couples wanting ideas for natural DIY wedding favors they can send home with loved ones. And this is right up my alley!
Here are just some of the ideas I have had that would make perfect DIY wedding favors for all you natural-living couples out there:
20 Natural DIY Wedding Favors
1. Seed Packets – Put together a packet of wildflower seeds. On the outside, hang a tag that says “Let Love Grow.” (Or purchase these “Sow Seeds of Love” packets if there is no time to make tags.)
2. Coffee – Fill a bag with gourmet coffee beans and use a tag that says “The Perfect Blend” 0r “Grounds For Celebration.”
4. Candles – Make natural beeswax candles and attach a tag that says “Let Love Glow.”
5. Sugar Scrubs – Make up peppermint or spearmint sugar scrub cubes and label with a tag that says “Mint To Be.”
6. Bath Salts – Make a blend of bath salts using the couple’s colors and flowers from the bride’s bouquet. Fill small jars and label with the names and date.
7. Honey – Fill small jars with raw honey and use a tag that says “Meant To Bee.”
8. Popcorn – Fill a small jar with popcorn kernels and use a tag that says “Thanks For Popping By”.
9. Tea Blend – Make up a special Tea Blend and place in small jars. Label with a tag that says “Love Is Brewing.”
10. Jam – Fill small jars with homemade jam and label with tags that say “Spread The Love.”
11. S’Mores – In a small bag, layer a few organic graham cracker squares, a square of natural chocolate, and a large natural marshmallow. Label with a tag that says “S’More Love.”
12. Caramels – Make your own caramels and label with a tag that says “Love Is Sweet.”
14. Seed Bombs – Make seed bombs by mixing soil, clay, a bit of water, and some seeds. Roll into a sphere and bag with a label that says “Love Grows.” You may also want to print a description and some instructions for planting on the back of the tag.
15. Bird Seeds Hearts – Mix some birdseed, melted suet, and peanut butter and form into hearts. Bag and label with one of the above quotes.
16. Pine Cone Fire Starters – Dip pine cones in wax and let dry. Bag with a label that says “Sparks Are Flying.” For something different, use Sweet Gum pods.
17. Pine Tree Saplings – Purchase or grow pine tree saplings and package in some soil and a square of burlap. Tag with a label that says “Let Love Grow.” Let your guests know this can be planted just as it is.
18. Hand Made Confetti – Make your own paper, adding seeds to the mixture. Cut out in heart shapes and bag several at a time. Or make one large one with the couple’s names and date. Attach tags explaining that these can be planted.
19. Wood Coasters – Slice a branch that is at least 4-5 inches across into small rounds. Wood burn the names and date on each one. Use these coasters to set drinks on at the reception. You can also cut a hole in each one and attach a ribbon for storage or a Christmas ornament.
20. Dog Biscuits – Some couples involve pets in their wedding day and want to provide a treat for the guests’ pets. Make homemade dog biscuits (or cat treats) and label with a tag that says “Something To Bark About.”
Things to Remember When Labeling
When you make these favors, you should always include a tag of some sort. These are a few things that should be on each tag:
- The couple’s names – spelled correctly, of course!
- The date of the wedding
- The couple’s colors
- Ingredients if there may be allergy problems, such as peanuts
- Any instructions for use if necessary
Many Uses for Natural Favors
Some of these favor ideas could also be used for baby showers, bridal showers, and housewarmings – with a few tweaks in wording. Have fun and let your imagination soar!
Have you come up with a unique, natural favor idea for a wedding or other event? If so, share with us below!