Homemade Deodorant Stick
Yield 4 sticks
This recipe is extremely economical! You can add more or less wax for a firmer or softer consistency, but this recipe is what I have found to work best for us. We haven't noticed any oil stains on our clothing and find that anything on clothes washes out easily.
- Combine jojoba oil, arrowroot powder, and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Stir well until fully combined and no lumps remain.
- Place a glass measuring cup in a pot of boiling water (or use a double boiler).
- Add candelilla wax to the measuring cup and melt.
- Once melted, pour in the jojoba oil, baking soda, and arrowroot powder.
- When all is liquid once again, add in shea butter and stir until just melted.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add in essential oils and stir well.
- Let cool until slightly thick, but still pourable.
- Pour into deodorant tubes and allow to cool completely before adding caps.
- Store in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-deodorant-stick/