Biscotti Recipe: Almond
- 3-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup whole or chopped almonds
- Mix together all the biscotti recipe ingredients except for the almonds.
- Once thoroughly mixed, fold in the almonds.
- When the almonds are incorporated, shape dough into a loaf on parchment paper. It should be about 2-3 inches thick and flatter on the edges.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350°f and use a toothpick to see if it is done. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut 1-2" thick pieces at an angle, return to the oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes at 350°f. Cookies should now be crispy, which is just how you want them. Cool and store in an airtight container.
See below for vegan and gluten-free biscotti recipe options.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/make-biscotti-recipe-almond/