How to Remove Oil Stains From Clothes
I have tried this method for how to get oil stains out of clothes on a few other articles and it works well every time. Occasionally I have to repeat the process, but generally, one treatment and my clothes are good as new.
- Place the stained article of clothing on a flat surface and apply several drops of natural dish soap to the stained areas.
- Using a wet toothbrush, massage the soap into the stain.
- Cover the area with baking soda and brush the soda into the entire area with a toothbrush.
- Continue adding baking soda and brushing into the stain until the baking soda creates a paste-like cover over the stained area
- Wait one hour, then rinse off baking soda completely.
- Soak clothing in warm water with 1/2 scoop of oxygen bleach mixed in for another hour.
- Wash clothing in the washer on warm setting.
- Air dry and repeat if necessary.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/how-to-remove-oil-stains-from-clothes/