How to Make Lip Balm: Natural and Tinted
Yield 10 tubes
- Measure ingredients using a digital kitchen scale.
- Melt candelilla wax and jojoba oil over a double boiler.
- Add in shea butter and melt until liquid. (Take care not to heat the shea butter too much.)
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Measure in clay and mica and stir well.
- Pour into empty lip balm tubes (my recipe made 10 tubes).
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
This lip balm is very soft, so take care not to store it in places where it might heat up (the car, your pocket, etc.). If you prefer it a little firmer, you can add more candelilla wax (maybe 0.1 or 0.2 ounces more) to the recipe.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/how-to-make-lip-balm-tinted/