Delicious Homemade Hummus
Yield 2 cups
- Place soaked and drained chickpeas in a saucepan and cover with 1 inch of water. Cover the saucepan and boil chickpeas until extremely tender, about 1 hour.
- Drain the cooked chickpeas, reserving one cup of liquid.
- Transfer the drained chickpeas to the bowl of your food processor. Add the lemon juice, whole garlic cloves, tahini, olive oil, and salt. Process until the mixture is well blended.
- Add the reserved chickpea cooking liquid (or water) one tablespoon at a time, blending after each addition until the hummus reaches the consistency you like.
- Store prepared hummus in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Prep: 5 minutes (plus overnight soaking of the chickpeas) | Cook: 1 hour (if you are using dry chickpeas)
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-hummus/