Homemade Face Wash: A Natural DIY Face Wash Recipe
Yield 4 ounces
- Brew a cup of strong chamomile tea and set aside ¼ cup to cool. (Enjoy the rest of the tea while you're mixing together this recipe!)
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add tea when completely cooled.
- Mix ingredients well and pour into a small squirt bottle or pump bottle. Be sure to label your container. This recipe makes about 4 ounces of homemade face wash.
Using Your Homemade Face Wash:
Squirt DIY face wash into hands or washcloth and gently wash face. Rinse well. Follow with your typical toner and/or moisturizing routine.
- Use your favorite essential oil (EO) to benefit your particular skin type.
- For OILY skin use an astringent or antiseptic EO like tea tree, bergamot, geranium, or lemongrass.
- If you have DRY skin, choose a more mild EO like sandalwood, chamomile, lavender, or rose.
- For MATURE skin, use an oil that is known for stimulating new cell growth such as lavender, neroli, jasmine, or geranium. Adding several drops of Vitamin E oil to the mixture will also nourish mature skin.
- Substitute rose water, distilled water, or pure aloe vera gel for the chamomile tea.
- If using chamomile EO feel free to use plain distilled water instead of chamomile tea.
- Scented liquid Castile soaps will also work great in this recipe. Feel free to omit essential oils if using a scented soap.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-face-wash-diy/