Homemade Deodorant Stick
Yield 4 sticks
This recipe is extremely economical! You can add more or less wax for a firmer or softer consistency, but this recipe is what I have found to work best for us. We haven't noticed any oil stains on our clothing and find that anything on clothes washes out easily.
- Combine jojoba oil, arrowroot powder, and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Stir well until fully combined and no lumps remain.
- Place a glass measuring cup in a pot of boiling water (or use a double boiler).
- Add candelilla wax to the measuring cup and melt.
- Once melted, pour in the jojoba oil, baking soda, and arrowroot powder.
- When all is liquid once again, add in shea butter and stir until just melted.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add in essential oils and stir well.
- Let your homemade deodorant cool until slightly thick, but still pourable.
- Pour into deodorant tubes and allow to cool completely before adding caps.
- Store in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
Many test batches yielded this homemade deodorant stick that stores well, smells great, and keeps odor away! Plus it is EXTREMELY economical to make.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-deodorant-stick/