Homemade Cranberry Juice Recipe
Yield 1.5 quarts
- 12 oz whole cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 cups water, divided
- ¼ - ½ cup honey (or other sweetener of choice), more as desired
- Place whole cranberries and 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and blend the berries using an immersion blender. (Or, let the mixture cool slightly and transfer it to your blender.) Blend until smooth.
- If desired, strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove any remaining berry bits.
- Let the mixture cool slightly (to under 95°F) before mixing in the honey.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of water.
- Taste your juice and add more sweetener or water, as desired.
- Store the juice in the refrigerator and use within 2 weeks.
This juice can also be frozen as a finished juice, or as a concentrate before adding the water.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-cranberry-juice/