Bubble Bath Playdough: A Play Dough Soap Recipe
My kids enjoyed making sculptures with their bubble bath playdough then taking them for a swim in the tub. Each time they are dunked they add more bubbles to the bath. Next time I plan to add fine glitter to the kneading step of this recipe for my daughter.
- Stir the dry parts of the bubble bath playdough together (flour, salt, cornstarch, and cream of tartar) and set aside.
- Boil 1 cup of water. Remove from heat.
- Add ¼ cup castile soap and oil to boiled water.
- Mix flour mixture and water mixture together and stir until incorporated. Once it is cool enough, knead the mixture into a dough-like consistency. Add more flour or castile soap as needed to adjust the texture. Optional: divide into bubble bath playdough smaller balls and knead in food coloring if you want a few different colors.
- Divide into "servings" to make transporting smaller portions to the bathtub easier. Store in airtight containers. If you are layering the dough, separate with wax paper.
You could also add a drop or two of essential oil, such as lavender, to this recipe for a calming bedtime routine. (Lavender is safe to use around children)
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-bubble-bath-play-dough/