Healing Salve with Eucalyptus and Chamomile
Yield 9 ounces
Step 1: Make the Herbal Infusion
To make the herbal infusion:
- Combine 2 ounces of eucalyptus leaves and 2 ounces of chamomile flowers in a large mason jar. Cover completely with olive oil and tightly seal. (Find organic eucalyptus leaf here and organic chamomile flowers here.)
- Place the mason jar in a pot of simmering water.
- Simmer on low heat for several hours.
- Strain and reserve the infused oil.
(As I mentioned above, I tried a cold infusion of eucalyptus leaves over the course of several months, but I think the method above works just as well.)
Step 2: Make the Healing Salve
- Melt beeswax on a double boiler.
- Add in eucalyptus and chamomile infused olive oil.
- Stir to combine and allow mixture to return to liquid state.
- Add in rosehip seed oil.
- Stir well.
- Pour into glass jars with tight fitting lids.
I love to use this salve on cuts, scrapes, scratches, or any other area that needs some TLC. It’s wonderfully soothing. Definitely a great addition to my summer first aid kit!
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/healing-salve/