Moisturizing Homemade DIY Bath Melts
- Melt the butters and beeswax in a double boiler, stirring occasionally just until wax is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add carrier oil and stir to combine. Add essential oil and stir again; you may want more or less depending on your nose and the individual oil used. (See fragrance ideas below.)
- Prepare your mold(s). Place on a cookie sheet or cutting board for stability. Place a little of the dried herbs into each cavity.
- Pour butter/oil mixture over the herbs to the top of the cavity. Allow to cool and harden completely at room temperature. (I don't like putting them in the freezer to cool. It gives a false sense of what they will be like when they are cool. If they are too soft, you can remelt them and add more wax. If they seem too hard, add a bit more oil.)
- Un-mold and store in a glass jar.
Fill the bathtub with water. Toss one of the DIY bath melts into the tub and allow it to melt. Enjoy your soak!
These DIY bath melts can cause surfaces to become slippery, so use caution when getting out of the bathtub. You may want to give the tub a quick wipe with a Homemade Tub & Tile Cleaner after using bath melts.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/diy-bath-melts-homemade/