Homemade Breakfast Sausage Recipe
Yield 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 lb ground pork butt (shoulder)
- 1 ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground fennel
- ¼ tsp molasses (or more maple syrup)
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Mix the ground pork with the seasonings until incorporated. (Be careful not to over mix, or your sausages may turn out rubbery in texture.)
- Shape the sausages into patties.
- Cook over medium-high heat on a preheated skillet until golden brown on both sides, 5-7 minutes.
This sausage mixture can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. You can also freeze pre-cooked sausages in an airtight container.
Recipe by DIY Natural at https://www.diynatural.com/homemade-breakfast-sausage-recipe/