Pin It

Making your own personal products is a blast, and you can control the ingredients.

Today we share yet another way to help you live a healthy, more sustainable and self-sufficient life.

Homemade Deodorant

diyNatural reader Samantha said, “I was extremely, extremely skeptical. I think even a little part of me wanted to be able to come back and say – no it doesn’t work. But, it really did! Like others here, I already feel that I’m sweating less, but as much as I’m excited about not smelling anymore (who wouldn’t be), I’m more excited that I won’t be throwing away shirts that are ruined by deodorant stains. Forget what I save on the deodorant, I will save hundreds of dollars not replacing my clothing!”

Why Homemade?

I like to address this up front to displace the common assumption that homemade products are made simply for the savings… savings is just one handsome benefit.

In reality, the benefits of making your own stuff go far beyond saving a few bucks. DIY projects also foster family togetherness, self reliance, creative exploration, and a sense of accomplishment.

It’s Sustainable

If you are a frequent follower of our homemade endeavors you should know that I require homemade products to be easy to make.

For us, difficult recipes requiring a lot of uncommon ingredients is simply not sustainable. So we seek to always adopt solutions that are easy to make and contain common ingredients (whenever possible), yet work extremely well.  Today’s recipe will embody that product philosophy more so than any other.

The Recipe

To make your own natural homemade deodorant, follow these simple steps:

1. purchase a bottle of grain ethyl alcohol, a.k.a. high proof liquor like Everclear, (we used to recommend isopropyl [rubbing] alcohol but do no longer because it can be toxic when used for long periods of time)
  2. purchase a small refillable spray bottle (we use the 3oz variety commonly found in the personal product travel section) – approximately $1.00/bottle (buy glass spray bottles here)
  3. pour the alcohol into the spray bottle
  4. spray on clean armpits for protection against body odor caused by bacteria
  5. if you’d like, add 10 drops of tea tree essential oil per 1 oz. of alcohol (4 oz. alcohol = 40 drops tea tree).

How To Make Deodorant 1

FAQs

Does it work? Yes – it works.  Yes – it’s that simple.  Yes – it’s that inexpensive.  Believe it… I have been doing exactly this for about 3 months now and will never go back to expensive, chemical laden, store bought deodorants.

Does it sting/hurt? It depends.  It never stings for me because I do not shave my pits.  My wife said that using the spray immediately after shaving does sting, but will only last for a second or two and is definitely doable.

Does it smell? It smells like alcohol, but can be supplemented with a few drops of your favorite essential oil.  (Find 100% pure essential oils here.) Try an antibacterial essential oil to combat the odor like peppermint, tea tree, lavender, or lemon. For excessive perspiration, try lemongrass or litsea cubeba.

Will I stink? No… remember question number 1 – it works.  The alcohol kills the bacteria that cause the odor.

Will I still sweat? Yes, and you should. Sweating is good for you; it is your body’s way of releasing toxins.  If you blocking your sweat pores by using antiperspirant you impede your body’s ability to naturally release those toxins.  Impeding this process can also effect the pH balance in your body leaving your body more prone to infection by harmful viruses and bacteria.  Using the alcohol allows your body to release the toxins unimpeded, yet still eliminates odors by killing the bacteria outside the body.

How long does it last? Depending on how much you exert yourself, it may last all day, or you may need to reapply.  In my experience I have NEVER had to apply it more than twice in one day – once in the morning… and once in the evening.

Will it stain or bleach my clothes? No, not in our experience.  I would say as long as you are not dumping copious amounts of alcohol all over your clothing you should be fine.

Is it safe? Using alcohol as deodorant is just as safe as use as an antiseptic on cuts and scrapes.  Unless someone has an allergy to alcohol, using it as a deodorant is safe for adults and young adults alike. Research has shown continued use of isopropyl alcohol on the skin can have adverse effects, so we recommend using a high proof ethyl alcohol instead.

Why haven’t I heard of this before? Because companies cannot make money by marketing it.

Are there other uses for alcohol? Sure, be creative.  I always encourage people to decrease their dependence on consumer products, and increase their own ability to “think and live outside the box.”

Did I mention that this will save you money?

GO TRY IT!

What do you have to lose?

Want More DIY & Homemaking Inspiration?

Check out The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle - everything you need in one HUGE and awesome package.

* Available for 6 days only - April 23-28th! *

Print Friendly
Pin It

Comments

1. gena says

Forgive me I was going to mention something about the deoderant thing. I read your suggestion regarding using antiperspirant and deodorant. I’m a very happy cancer survivor of 10 years now. I had my cancer treatments and surgeries in Houston at the best cancer center in the world in my opinion. I recall going to a seminar where someone presented an idea for us to ponder. Our bodies, head to toe have lymph nodes which are like little balls of tissue all throughout your body that filter lymph. Lymph consists of all the fluid that leaks out of your blood vessels plus all the white cells that were sent out fighting infecions and inflammation in your tissues. Basically, our lymph nodes work like a drainer in your sink. Our body perspires head to toe right? Now grab some antiperspirant/deoderant and wax up your pits for 40 -50 years or more. Oh.. so it’s sealed in huh? Guess what. We don’t wax our bodies so we won’t perspire. It just made sense watching the demonstration and I was floored. It took time but I did find a deoderant without antiperspirant but now I’m switching to the ideas presented here. You have an amazing site.

2. Carrie says

Another deodorant to try is what I have used for several years. Works fantastic and doesn’t stink or burn. 1 cup water, 1 tsp. baking soda, and if wanted, add a few drops essential oil for scent.

3. Mandy says

I am concerned with the harshness of alcohol. I used to use it on my fave as a cleanser but recently found witch hazel. Witch hazel is not as harsh and even helps prevent sweating, naturally. It is most commonly used as an antiseptic. I add essential oils for fragrance. I am going to try this as an underarm deodorant. Maybe it will be better than the alcohol. Any comments?

• says

Hi Mandy, as soon as I read “I am concerned about the harshness of alcohol.” my first thoughts were – she can use witch hazel instead, so your answer is correct, nice work. :)

• Adri Birt says

The cause of the bad smell is the bacteria that grows under your arms, the hazel water don’t kill bacteria, that is the reason does not works. Alcohol kills the bacteria, so it works perfectly. You can use the hazel water to dilute the alcohol a little bit so does not cause irritation in your skin. But usually when you use alcohol, it evaporates quickly so won’t irritate at all, unless you had shaved under your arms just before you use it.

• Denny says

You have the right idea using the witch hazel. I found some non alchol lavender scented witch hazel at my local health food store, but you can also buy it online. Thatchers is the brand name. Keep in mind that some of the essential oils have antibacterial properties as well. Lavender is one of them. I have very sensitive skin with psoriasis so I can’t use alcohol because it will aggravate it. At the present time I have inversion psoriasis under my arms so the lavender witch hazel is soothing and not harsh because there is no alcohol.

4. Donna says

Thanks so much for creating a site where so many fantastic ideas can be shared. I made the hand santizer yesterday and today I read suggestions about using vodka for freshening clothes AND arm pits. I had some vanilla vodka in the freezer (from the old party days) and tried it on some musty smelling sweaters I just unpacked for winter and it leaves a nice light vanilla scent! I just tried it in my pits. I’m anxious to see how it works for me so I can dump the commercial deo!

5. Frank A says

HOLD THE PHONE !

99% alcohol is the not the best dilution, as it is too strong and bacteria will form a protective shell and survives. Best is 70% ! Sometimes less is more. Also, know that alcohol will cross the skin blood barrier; you will get it in your blood. And, the liver will convert into toxic by-product. So… take is slow, don’t go crazy, keep it low, and be safe!

• Christy F says

I would think the grain alcohol would do the same. So rubbing or grain, take the alcohol solution down.

6. Rene says

I’ve used alcohol wipes that you can get in individual packets for wiping you computer key board before I read this blog. It worked really well. I was carrying them around with me cause in FL it gets pretty hot and when I was heading to class, before our public massage clinic (I’m studying to be a massage therapist) I went to the restroom and used another wipe. It was great! Sweat itself doesn’t stink but if the bacteria on our skin starts to break down the sweat it causes an odor. The alcohol took care of that :)

Very good tip! Thanks for posting.

7. Tracy says

I have been doing this for a very long time! But I also don’t like the feeling of sweet so after the alcohol dries I apply a little powder just to absorb the sweat. I feel like this works pretty well, but I may have to try to make my own powder at home. Seems like it would be pretty simple.

• Lisa says

Hi Tracy, I used to make a nice powder when I had babies, I believe it was 3 parts white clay, found at herb shops or natural food stores, to 1 part baking soda. Mix them together, then put the powder into a kitchen hand strainer or a sifter, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, and gently sift, incorporating the oil into the powder. Sift a few times to really get it in there. You can also make fine kitchen/bathroom cleansers this way with straight baking soda sifted with essential oils like thyme, lavender, sweet orange. all very anti microbial oils.

• Denny says

Tracy,
      I made my own body powder that works very well and it is great for keeping moist areas dry. I saved an old fashioned powder case with the powder puff and lid so that I could apply the powder with the puff, which is a lot neater and you don’t end up with powder all over the floor. Cornstarch is the base for this powder. Cornstarch is an old remedy for prickly heat that was used on babies in the diaper area. It is very soothing and healing. I put about 2 cups of cornstarch in a bowl and to that I added drops of pure essential oil of lavender, a few at a time, mixing it thoroughly with the cornstarch until I had the desired fragrance level that I wanted. I then poured the scented powder in to my powder case, put the puff on top and then put the lid on. It works great! I apply this powder after my shower or any time during the day when I want to refresh. It’s great for those moist areas that are so hard to keep dry. Keep in mind that lavender does have antibacterial properties and the cornstarch is very soothing, especially in hot humid weather.

• Amy says

Careful with the cornstarch. If there is any sort of yeast-based rash, it will make the rash worse because the yeast will feed on the cornstarch. Yeast already likes warm, dark, moist places.

8. Aunie says

Alcohol truely does work as a deoderant! I’ve been using alcohol as an alternative for 2 months now. Before using alcohol, my armpits would smell horrible even when using anti-perspirant/deoderant and showering twice daily and for whatever reason they seemed to sweat even more. I would be too embarassed to raise my hand near coworkers because it really smelt horrible! Now, I spray on alcohol in the am and during my lunch-break at work, I use rubbing alcohol pads to freshen up for the remaining of the day. I highly recommend this to everyone !!

9. Eloise says

It works!!! How amazing! I have added some rose scented essential oil to it. I love it. I will not buy deodorant from the pharmacy ever again! Thanks a million

10. Jolene says

You can also try the cornstarch, baking soda, and cocoanut oil recipe! Except, every time I use it they say you can put in into a old bottle, it always breaks mine… ha.

• says

Betsy had the same problem. Baking soda and coconut oil gave her horrible problems under her arms. She is now using my alcohol, tea tree solution and liking it.

• Karen says

I also didn’t like any powders – too scratchy! So far I’ve used the 70% and 90% isopropyl alcohol with rose essential oil. I thought the 90% seemed too strong. Now that I have everclear 95% I will probably dilute some with aloe vera juice and use the rose essential oil again which smells great. I’ll post here after I try it out.

• Karen says

Some feedback – after trying Everclear 195 proof with and without diluting it with Aloe Vera Juice, I like it much better undiluted. I have not had problems with it being too strong and it is more effective undiluted. I’ve added tea tree oil with rose, geranium, and sandalwood. Best deo ever.

11. Grace says

This works. Four four years I have been experiencing terrible itchy armpits. It was so itchy that I would go to the bathroom to scratch. It would wake me up it itch so much. And now that I’ve switched to this, the unbearable itching is gone. Thank God!!! and you are a Godsend. Thank you too.

12. says

Hey! I like this template style :) do you mind me asking where I got it? Oh by the way, I just wanted to alert you on a general problem that you might have fel with your sites. As you probably know, the money is in the list!! But do you even have one? Each of my subscribers on average gives me $3 a month and I have over 5000 :D. Yes, having a list is the only eay for serious webmasters to go. I can tell you might need help with it, so here are the guys I used when I first needed to get 3000 subscribers to my list: http://Earn500PerDay.tk Yep, my first moth I pulled almoat $8,000 from my list, it was totally insane. Good luck!!

13. says

I am allergic to all deodorants, so I am excited to try this! I don’t want to stink at the gym, but the hives from even “all-natural” deodorants really suck, thanks for the alternative!

14. Kathleen says

I use rubbing alcohol in a natural granite cleaner that I use all the time AND LOVE, and I was pumped to try this as I have been on the hunt for a natural deodorant. I did try it and it works wonderful! However, I decided to look into the risks of applying rubbing alcohol to my body on a daily basis and don’t think that it is safe as you imply. Have you done much research into the health risks? This article is a good starting point… http://www.livestrong.com/article/155021-what-toxic-chemicals-are-in-rubbing-alcohol/ Please let me know your thoughts about this article and the risks of using rubbing alcohol. I am considering trying this with vodka instead based on what I have read.

15. Ashley Moman says

I have been doing this for about three weeks and it works great. Even as a woman there is no sting when I spray after shaving. I am addicted to this site now. Also, I used 91% alcohol because it’s what I had on hand and it has been doing the trick. It takes a bit to get used to not having the feeling of deodorant because as a girl we’re used to that smooth feeling, but there is absolutely no body odor. Sometimes I apply a few times a day, but even when I was on commercial deodorant I would apply in the morning and at night, so I feel this is equally better. Plus it makes me happy to know this is something I can easily do myself that is better for my body than antiperspirants.

Thanks so much for posting! I love it!

16. says

The alcohol solution seems like it maybe a little too harsh for my skin. I tried the all natural deodarant by Toms and those natural salts, burned the top layer of my skin off. So to make a long story short I was funky for weeks because I could not put any deodarant under my arms.

I’m going to try this recipe and see how it works. I am looking for ways that I can find an antiperspirant, but as long as I don’t have to worry about anybody smelling my armpits, I’m fine. I’ll come back after a few weeks and give you guys an update. I hoep and it works!!

• says

Reesie, the natural deodorant sometimes irritated my skin too – that hasn’t happened once in the years I’ve been using alcohol.

17. Alan Mcgowan says

Hey, I was wondering can you use a deodorant after you sprayed the Isopropyl rubbing alcohol. (Just in Case)

18. Melissa says

Also, I have heard of people using hand sanitizer and would like to know your take on this…?

• Melissa says

Thank you! I meant that I have heard of people using hand sanitizer as deoderant and was wondering if you have tried this or come across anyone who has tried it.

• Laura says

I have occasionally. I fly overseas on long flights and after sleeping, I usually like to freshen up. One day I had forgotten my deoderant and really needed something, even after my little spongbath. I saw my little bottle of hand sanitizer and tried it. Works great. Not sure about toxicity for long term use, but in a pinch, works well!

19. Tracy says

Would apple cider vinegar be an even safer alternative? I think I might give it a try.

20. says

making products at home is not always cheaper
    I make my own clothes washing powder and I can buy ready made powder cheaper but I choose home made anything any time over commercially made products. It’s my mine, I’ve not had to go to the shops and I can put what I want in there

21. Audrey says

I’ve been using alcohol as an occasional underarm cleanser for years (quit using antipersperant/deoderant more than five years ago after reading everything in them – scary!) Usually I go with nothing at all, but if I start feeling stinky I just swipe some on and TA-DA no more smell! Hadn’t thought of the harshness of it, but since I rarely use it (less than once a week), I’m not too concerned – but I do have witch hazel I guess I could switch to, I just hate the smell!

• says

Yeah that frequency won’t be an issue. I used isopropyl alcohol for years before switching to ethyl, it’s still way healthier than using commercial deodorants/anti-perspirants.

22. Bonnie says

Hi,
    I just had an idea: have you ever thought about going into items for pets? I recently got a dog and was reading a site with info of how to do all sorts of stuff and when they got to brushing a dogs teeth, I thought “gee, i wonder if i could use something other than buying dog toothpaste…like, maybe baking soda…I’ll have to ask Matt.” What do you think? DIY for pets?

• says

Congrats on the dog Bonnie, I love dogs. The only pet article we have written was homemade dog treats. We probably won’t venture into the topic too much on diyNatural… but if we ever get a pet perhaps we’ll start another site JUST for pets. :) God bless.

23. says

This is awesome! I have been using deodorizing essential oils in fractionated coconut oil and rubbing it on for the last year, but this is even easier and cheaper. This way I can also add whatever essential oil suits my fancy for fragrance instead of depending on the oil itself for the deodorizing properties! Love it! and your website! Thanks so much!

• says

Yep, I use everclear too. Betsy uses coconut oil along w/a few other things… which we’ll probably write another article about soon and it’s for sure going in our next book – Homemade Personal Products. :)

24. Curt says

I recently purchased a deodorant that is blend of denatured alcohol, which hazel, arnica montana extract, and a couple essential oils. It worked amazingly and I am now going to try to make my own everclear / which hazel / essential oil mixture. Before the aubrey organics I was using Burt’s Bees coconut oil based deodorant stick with no luck. I was constantly having odor issues! I would need to wash my armpits a couple times a day at least. Anyone have ideas on what a good alcohol to which hazel ratio for a blend? Thanks for your help!

• says

I found witch hazel ineffective for me, but it’s best to experiment until you find what works best for you. I would start with a small batch of a 50/50 blend and go from there.

25. Constance says

I have been looking for 99% rubbing alcohol but can only find 70%. Will this work as well? What are my best alternatives to rubbing alcohol? Thanks,

• says

I recommend using high proof ethyl alcohol, like everclear or even bacardi 151 – but you could also use witch hazel (found next to rubbing alcohol in the store or pharmacy).

26. Bea says

Don’t forget; rubbing alcohol is toxic! It does absorb through the skin. I once had a bike rash which responded to rubbing alcohol, so I used it daily (as I wanted to keep biking). After some time – a month or two? – I got really dizzy in yoga class. I realized it might be the rubbing alcohol and quit. I never had the dizzy thing again. I’d use something edible, like everclear; it would probably kill germs, but not you, too.

27. Donna says

So, after reading the article and all the posts…. What is the best combo. Out of the clear blue one day I had a severe reaction to my deodorant and have had horrible dry, itchy armpits every since then. I’ve tried a variety of deodorants, including natural and they all are horrible. Relief would be great.

28. Karen says

All we could find was everclear 190…can we still use it and dilute maybe with aloe vera juice?

29. says

I switch back and forth between the rubbing alcohol and ACV. I like them both and they both seem to work.

30. Vel says

did some research about the differences between women in countries whose customs are to go without antiperspirant, or for the matter, deoderant, and those who use either of the two. To my surprise, I learned that women in less developed countries, who do not have antiperspirant, either for economic reasons, or they just do not –were more likely to have had significantly less rates of breast cancer –to piggyback on the lymph and tissue comment. That is really interesting.
    So, I been using a commercial salt “stone” product and supplementing it with men’s citrusy-smelling deoderant. Your’s sounds like a great idea. I’ll try it, to eliminate the harmful chemicals in commercial products. Thank you.

31. Jill says

Here’s the recipe for stick deodorant I’ve been using for about a year. It lasts about 12 hours for me, but doesn’t prevent sweating. If you live somewhere hot, you may have to add more beeswax to keep it solid.

1 1/2 T coconut oil (antibacterial, prevents odor)
    1/4 t beeswax (helps keep it solid in warmer temperatures)
    1/8 t castor oil (helps prevent crumbling)
    1/2 T glycerine (helps prevent crumbling)
    20 drops tea tree oil (antibacterial, controls odor)
    5 drops sage essential oil (helps stop excessive sweating)
    5 drops lavender oil (makes the scent more feminine)
    1/4 cup baking soda (absorb moisture & odor)
    1/4 cup baking powder (absorb moisture & odor)

Melt the first 4 ingredients over medium low heat. Remove from heat, add essential oils then powders. Stuff into a clean stick deodorant container. Let sit overnight to solidify. The recipe makes enough for one regular container plus a bit extra that would fit in a small travel or trial size container.

32. Laura says

Thanks soo much for sharing your recipes:) I actually found your site because I was looking for natural alternatives to shampoo because I must have developed some sort of allergy or sensitivity. Shampoo has been making my scalp itch bad enough I even had my husband check to make sure I did not have lice! Really it was that bad! But I’m happy to say that after just one wash with your homemade shampoo/conditioner I’m itch free:) Also during this process it made me think of all the chemicals that get put in/on my body on a daily basis, the cost of all those products and the effect on the environment! I cant wait to use all your recipes on your site, but I really cant wait to get your book:)

33. AngelBatwitch says

My entire family has done this for years. My aunt read about it somewhere and tried it and the rest of our family has done it too. You can carry a small spray bottle with you in your purse to reapply if you are in an office with a broken air conditioner. (That was 3 days of HELL!) Also, I have a friend who refused to use deodorant but he had pretty bad BO at the end of the day. I asked him to try it for a week and let me know “as an experiment”. He continues to use just alcohol and I don’t gag anymore when he hugs me. ;)

34. Tammy says

Just came across this post even though I read so much from this website. I was using the coconut oil, baking soda, and cornstarch. It worked well, but could irritate my skin. I have 70% isopropyl alcohol and started trying it today. Keeping my fingers crossed that it’ll work!

• says

Cool Tammy, glad you found it. I’m confident it will work for you, but I recommend not using isopropyl long-term. Instead switch to an ethyl alcohol like high proof vodka or everclear. The higher proof the better.

35. Lisa Quenon says

This works! I’ve been using it since I read it well over a month ago. I live in Texas. Nothing more to be said than that! Except that my healing doc said to me that continuous application of alcohol can cause over-dryness to the pores. He said to give it a rest on occasion and use powder. So I put a little baby powder (because for some reason I had some), some baking soda and a little corn starch in a dish and apply with a cotton ball. Resting the pores! Sometimes I use a combination of both applying the alcohol spray and letting it dry and then later putting a little powder mixture on. I’ve had no problems and no complaints from nearby friends! Thank you! I am so grateful to have something that works and is aluminum-free!

36. Shelley says

Do I get Everclear at a liquor store (I don’t drink alcohol b/c of allergic reaction when I drank it last – rash, triggered rosacea, etc.- so I haven’t been in the market for alcoholic beverages since then)? Also not sure if I’ll have the same reaction if it’s applied topically as opposed to consuming it. I can use isopropyl alcohol as an antiseptic for cuts without a problem, but not sure if I want to use it since seeing the article re: toxicity.

• says

If I were you I’d test the Everclear (grain/ethyl alcohol) on a small patch of skin to see how you react. If it’s legal in your state you can pick it up at any liquor store.

37. pat brimm says

I have been developing allergies over the past few years and for the past year, whenever I apply deodorant to my pits, I developed boils. I tried your suggestion of alcohol in a spray bottle and it is AWESOME!!!. Why didn’t I think of this? I have been using it for the past 6 weeks and have had no problems with odours and no more boils!

38. Melissa says

Thank you. I’ve been using alcohol deodorant for several months now. It always last at least 6 hours and if I re-apply it seems to be before I need it. I added some aloe vera juice to mine for those who are commenting about the harshness. That seems to work for after shaving and it has a nice smell.

39. Melanie says

Hi Matt and Betsy,

Using alcohol as deodorizer, would it not cause dryness and darker under arm skin? Glad to find your website so helpful as I’m a believer of simple and clean living. Thank you :)

40. Rhonda says

Hi there. Thanks so much for the deodorant recipe! I have a comment and a suggestion. Normally I don’t read through all the comments on a post but I did this time because I was curious about your readers experience with this. About half way through I read the posts about toxicity issues with the isopropyl alcohol and saw that you were switching to grain alcohol. Had I not kept reading the comments I would have never seen this and would have tried the isopropyl recipe. I would highly recommend that you add a warning in the recipe or remove the isopropyl altogether so people who may not see your later comments won’t be put at risk.

Thanks much!
    Rhonda

• Rhonda says

OK, that was weird – as soon as I posted my comment and the page refreshed the recipe changed and showed your warning. Either I’m not paying attention or the link is screwy. It’s probably me – ha!

41. stace says

I read quite a few of the comments, but not all, and haven’t come across any concerned about the odor of grain alcohol – so that’s my question: does the alcohol scent stick around after its initial use?

42. Sheenna says

I make my own deodorant as well. The recipe is easy. All you need are equal parts of baking soda, corn starch, and coconut oil. Coconut is a natural anti-bacterial and the baking soda deodorizes. If you feel that it leaves you to dry add a little bit of baby oil to it and wah lah!

43. Laurel says

I just found your site a couple of days ago and love it! Thanks for your time, hard work and sharing with all of us. :)

I do have a question. I live in Canada and apparently there is a law that won’t allow liquor stores to sell anything above 40% alcohol. Is 80 proof high enough to work as a deodorant?

44. Tashi says

I’m wondering if this is safe for children that are starting to need deodorant. We are not there yet, but I am trying to find an alternative to regular deodorant. I have always had allergic reactions to deodorant and generally have always just switched products trying to find something. When I found your website I switched to your method and am loving it! Just not sure if it effects blood levels at all and if I should try it with my daughter when she needs it. I would love your input! I guess I could try a baking soda recipe with her, but that did not work for me.

45. Ruth says

Hi, Matt and Betsy,
    I started using the rubbing alcohol but then stopped after reading some of the comments. If the ethyl alcohol is just vodka, could I use some of my homemade vanilla in a spray bottle? I know that probably sounds really stupid, but my vanilla is just vodka and vanilla beans. Thanks, Ruth

46. michelle says

Woa! Love your sight! This year I lost 90 pounds switching out processed foods and preservatives. I can not wait to try all of your ideas. Thanks!!

47. Charlotte says

I know this is a stupid question, but can you tell me where you purchase the high proof liquor used for your deodorant? Thank you and God Bless you.